Sunday 2 September 2007

Blackpool Chatroom meet up

Yesterday was the big Christian chat meet up in Blackpool.
we chose a great day for it, the sun was cracking the flags although it was a tad windy.

I met up with Kat(Gymnast) Jamie(Jammie Dodger) and Miriam(Sunrise) along with 3 other members of their family at the hotel right on time. Introductions followed while they continued getting ready to go out.

On the walk to central pier we were welcomed to Blackpool by Godzilla crashing over the rooftops.(not really but hey it sounds good)We met up with Steve(MagicmanS and Andrew(Strummer) on the pier and pursuaded Miriam and Kat to accompany me and Neil (Miriams youngest son) onto the Blackpool eye which is just a glorified ferris wheel really.That was hilarious as Miriam was terrified and her face will never be forgotten. We then proceeded to give each other whiplash injuries on the dodgem cars, it's amazing how much aggression comes out between a bunch of friends as soon as they get in those things lol it was fun.

Miriam was true to her word and pinched the fellas bums at every opportunity. I think Steve was quite traumatised by that experience. We enjoyed a lovely fish and chip lunch followed by the Dr Who exhibition, in which Steve found a portrait of himselfand Greg found the company a bit slithery.Greg and Kat got carried away in the tardisand Neil got a little choked by the clockwork man.Later while shopping Andrew had an identity crisis and couldnt remember whether he is Welsh or Scottishand it rubbed off on poor Neil.


we said our goodbyes to Andrew who went to join his family and went back to The hotel for a meal, after Steve had secured his room for the night. Jamie then proceeded to beat me at Pool after the greatest comeback in all time. he started off rubbish having only potted one ball to my six but then proceeded to down them all when I only had the black left. But not before he bet me a tenner I couldnt get myself out of a snooker situation which I did with no problem. I wont let him forget he owes me that tenner.

The meal was lovely- real Italian pizza yummmmmmKat and Miriam were all dolled up at this point

I decided to drive through the illuminations while the others went by tram up to the ball room so I could then continue my long journey home.

lots of hugging as we said our goodbyes, but before I was able to join the illuminations traffic Greg was asleep so I decided it was a waste of time going through that incredibly long and slow queue of traffic and just went home.

It was a very long but very satisfying day of fun and friendship meeting up with people I have got to know so well in the chat room.

Looking forward to the next one.

No comments: