Wednesday 26 December 2007

Christmas blessings

hope you all had a lovely Christmas and remembered to celebrate the true meaning of it.

the run up to Christmas was very hectic for us this year, Col had his cataract removed from his eye just a few weeks before and had his post op assessment on Saturday morning just gone. They tell him his sight in that eye is now better than average, and he will have the right eye done soon too. it will be weird seeing him walking round without glasses.

I was busy preparing music for church carol services etc then in the last few crucial days I got a stinking cold which went straight to my throat and I lost my voice! Thanks to some great advice form a friend online I found some wonderful lozenges which gave me an instant fix and opened my throat up to allow me to sing.

despite that panic the services went really well and were a great blessing and helped focus our minds on God and his amazing gift to us - His own son!!

It was a lovely Christmas day, fellowship at church praising the Lord followed by a day of family time and lovely food- for once we managed to get the turkey in the oven Before church and it cooked beautifully, that has to be the best Christmas dinner we ever had!!

Next move is to get crafting with the goodies I got for christmas but I think I will leave it for a couple of days cos we are enjoying having a nice clear living room without craft stuff all over the place, I better let us enjoy that at least a few more days lol.

Hope your Christmas was full of blessings too and wish you a happy and prosperous 2008 filled with the joy of the Lord.

No comments: