Tuesday 14 August 2007

Do And Mikes Wedding day

ok time to blog the wedding itself, lol

It was fantastic! Do looked Gorgeous, and Mike scrubbed up pretty well too. Litle Mikey was absolutely adorable and I shed a tear or two to see him formerly give his mum away in the service and even make a speech and propose the toast at the reception, so grown up for his 11 short years. Mikey is now so proud to be a Murphy!

The ceremony was perfect, so moving I nearly choked as I read 1 Corinthians 13 for them from "The Message" The service was lovely and the minister was very clear about how important the Christian aspect of marriage is. Rick who is also a minister and is a close friend of Do and Mike gave a wonderful address about the importance of unconditional love in a marriage.

The reception was lovely. The best part was that my son Greg, who is very difficult to understand when you dont know him, was able to order his own drinks all night and the bar staff took the time to listen properly and understand him. He was so proud that he was able to get things for himself.

We danced til the wee small hours and many took part in the karaoke too I was amazed when Do got up and sang her heart out even though she cant see the computer for the words. I danced so much I ached for 3 days afterwards. Here are some pics

No comments: